Wearable technology is not yet selling in your local high-street fashion shop, this is due to a number of the reasons below. The race is on, the first high-street fashion design company that can solve these issues and bring us light-up LED dresses, shirts that link to our smart phones will make a fortune.
- Washing – Electronics can be corroded and broken by water.
- Manufacturing – Built in technology complicated for mass manufacturing process.
- Technology – As it changes the piece of clothing becomes useless.
- Battery – Storing, charging energy to power technology in a small battery.
- Everyday Use – Technology needs to be used everyday, clothing is changed daily.
- Cost – If every wardrobe piece has to have latest technology it gets expensive.
- Individuality – Clothing is personal expression, technology would have to fit into all styles.
To learn more about “Fashion Futures & Wearable Technology” check out the rest of my blog.